2.7.12

Fun: The Laugh Factory

I know I haven't updated in a while.
Partly out of pure laziness and partly out because I haven't had access to my laptop.

But I ended up going to the Laugh Factory while I was on my short blog absence.



It was my first time going, and there was a discount for students with valid IDs.
Mine is technically not in use anymore, I suppose lol, nor am I a student anymore, but wthell.
It was 10 bucks cheaper, and for an unemployed recent graduate, 10 bucks is a lot!

Honestly, I wasn't even sure if I wanted to go since I have my reservations about going out in LA at night due to the shadiness that takes place all the time in LA and parking's a bitch.
However, I didn't have much to write on this blog to make my life seem awfully more interesting that it actually is, so I figured why not.

I didn't even look at the lineup before going, nor did I care much lol.

We ended up sitting front row on the side, as you can tell by my pictures lol. We were kind of concerned that we'd get picked on, but that didn't happen since nobody looks to the side anyways lol.

This was the lineup:

Pardis Parker (Combat Hospital)
Eddie Ifft (Jim Jefferies & Eddie Ifft's Talkin' Shit)
Iliza Shlesinger (Excused)
Neal Brennan (Chappelle's Show)
Chris D'Elia (Whitney)


 

Oh, and Dane Cook was there. I only knew of him from that crappy movie he filmed a long time ago, where he is a douche bag, and my friend used to love him?
I don't know much about him, but I always thought he looked a bit douchy hahaha.

I also got excited over Chris D'Elia since I actually watch Whitney and love his character on the show.

Overall, Eddie Ifft was my favorite. He was completely inappropriate. I think one of his jokes was about how he hates babies on the plane. He suggested that we throw them off the plane with a parachute because he believes giving everyone a chance for survival lol.

And some other completely unhinged jokes that made me crack up.

Pardis Parker was quite funny too.
So was Iliza Shlesginger. She's really pretty! And at the end, she brought up her dog and sang Sarah Mclachlan, mocking ASPCA's commercial lol. But her dog was freakin adorable.

But, there were some odd things about the last two comics, Neal and Chris.
Dane Cook wasn't in the lineup, but I heard that he frequently bumps other comics at the Laugh Factory since he does have the star power and I guess he likes performing there? So, I guess Neal and Chris were not happy about it. I mean I would be kinda annoyed, too, if a douche bag came and pushed me to later spots.
Oh, Dane Cook was aiiiight. there were some dumb people in the crowd that kept making comments and he made fun of them, which was awkward and kinda funny.

Anyways, I was just observing Neal and Chris when they weren't performing, and they just looked so unhappy. Maybe it's nothing weird to some people, but how can you or should you make other people laugh when you are so unhappy? Perhaps they were just pissed about getting bumped back.

Then, another funny thing. Chris was talking about his annoying ex with alchy tendencies. And I noticed that he came with these two very modelesque girls, and played with one girl's hair and very obviously flirting with her. So, I figured they are going home together or dating or whatever. So, I watched her while he was talking about his ex, and she had no evidence of humor or amusement on her face lol. I mean the girl was laughing at his other jokes. I just thought it was funny.

So that was my experience at the Laugh Factory.
One annoying thing was that they have a 2 drink minimum, and their drinks are pricey. blech.

Laughed,

Hayon

No comments:

Post a Comment